This is a housekeeping post.
No. I don't plan on showing you how I wash my pots and pans. Mainly because I don't... just kidding. I do. I use lots of Palmolive too.
This post is just a clean-up, catch-all, touch-on-a few-miscellaneous-things (Awards and Brownies) blog post.
Item 1: I feel I'm still new to whole blogging world but a few days ago I received The Versatile Blogger Award from the Food Blogging Team at Just Food Snobs. WHIPPEE! I didn't even know such things existed!!
There are some guidelines for accepting this award and they are:
- Thank the person who gave it to you. so... THANK YOU!
- Tell 7 things about yourself
- 1. My favourite colour is pink.
- 2. I have a condition. I need to ingest chocolate and/or ice cream at least once a day.
- 3. I finished my undergrad in health science and psychology.
- 4. In grade 5, I collected beanie babies and listened to the SPICE girls.
- 5. Now I collect cake pans and cookie cutters.
- 6. I can fly planes.
- 7. My left ear is bigger than my right ear.
- Pass the award on to 15 bloggers whom you have recently discovered and think are fantastic! Ps these are in no particular order.
- 1. Anecdotes and Apple Cores
- 2. Une Gamine dans la Cuisine
- 3. Grin and Bake It!
- 4. Real Mom Kitchen
- 5. My Kitchen Treasures
- 6. Week of Menus
- 7. My Diary of a Foodie
- 8. Blogging Under the Influence of Sugar...
- 9. Egg Wan's Eastern Food Odyssey
- 10. The Nesting Project
- 11. Gourmet Worrier
- 12. Perry's Plate
- 13. My Little Sweet House
- 14. Moggie & Pap
- 15. Snacksgiving
I wanted to use up the frozen cookie bar dough from last week. Frozen cookie dough requires a longer baking time so I have no idea why I decreased the baking time to 25 minutes (vs. 27 minutes). As a result, the Tiger Brownies were even more fudgey. Maybe too fudgey.
I also made some regular brownies with the left over brownie mixture (remember: Tiger Brownie = 1/2 cookie + 1/2 Brownie). They were not really regular brownies because I added in some Nescafe Hazelnut Coffee stuff. I also just shoved it into the oven and took it out ... perhaps 20 minutes later...
I forgot to look at the clock. Oops. My bad.
These Coffee Hazelnut Brownies, aka Mocha Brownies, were really fudgey and I actually preferred my first brownie batch from last time more, which were cakey and fudgey. So, next time I will....
- - look at the clock,
- - bake them longer
- - and probably like them more.
Click here for the Tiger Brownie Recipe