The recipe was for peanut butter banana muffins, but I decided it would be neat if they were PB and J instead.
Peanut Butter and Jam Muffins
I think the muffins were not as moist because I didn't incorporate the jam in the same way as the original recipe; instead of mixing it directly into the batter, I just spooned it into the muffin tin.
Not a total flop, but definitely not a home run.
Recipe for Peanut Butter Jam Muffins
Original recipe makes 1 dozen
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup mashed ripe banana <-- I used strawberry jam instead
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
--- I skipped this part bc I forgot to do it ---
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
3. Combine 1 cup flour, oats, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and baking powder.
4. Whisk together milk, peanut butter, banana (omitted), egg, oil, and vanilla.
5. Add the wet mixture to dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened.
6. Fill prepared muffin cups 1/2 full. Add spoonful of jam and then spoonful of muffin dough to cover a little.
SKIPPED: In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup flour, melted butter and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Sprinkle topping evenly over muffins.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm.
Recipe from here.